Join Srikanth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PropertyGuatemalaIrma is a 25-year old woman. She is single with great ambitions in life. She says that her life is better off because of the loan that she had the opportunity to access. ...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FarmingCambodiaOriginally from a village of Kampong Cham province’s Dambae district, Saing Eng is aged 30 years and married with two children; one is too young for school, while another o...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- TransportationTajikistanJasur is a young, active, 25 year old man. He is married, with two wonderful children. He works as a bus driver, and although they don't live in luxury, he earns a good inc...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
- RickshawPakistanShahufia is 39 years old, married, and the mother of three children. Her husband is a driver by profession and provides transportation services using his rickshaw which alw...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingSamoaMeletino is 25 years old and married with 2 children. She has a small plantation where she grows cabbages, cucumbers, and tomatoes. She sells her produce in her community ...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
Kiva lenders, like Srikanth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,243 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.