Join Shelley on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPeruMauro, 52 years old, is married and lives in his own house made of rustic material, with his wife and two children, in the district of Aramango, Bagua province, Amazonas de...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- LivestockKyrgyzstanUmut is 50 and divorced with an adult daughter who has her own children. She has a partial university education and works in animal husbandry and agriculture. She has sore ...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- CerealsKenyaLilian is 25 years old, married, and has six children. Her spouse provides additional income for the family. Lilian sells cereals as well as poultry at Kisumu, which she ha...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- Internet CafeLebanonHassan is a hardworking 27-year-old single man, who runs a double-service-provider business to improve and develop his living. Hassan runs a computer entertainment services...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- RetailJordanYousra is a small entrepreneur living and working in Zarqaa She sells home products and kitchen supplies. She has been working in this business for many years. Yousra is ...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Shelley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,174 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.