Join Ronald on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorMario didn't have the opportunity to attend school, because he had to work from a young age. He is married and his wife is a merchant. They don't have any children together...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesVietnamKhuyên is 58 years old and she is married. She has had a food stall selling fish sauce for 15 years. Khuyên lives in Tinh Gia district, a rural town in Thanh Hoa province. ...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaJared is a married man. He has two children. He describes himself to be hardworking. He operates a retail business where he sells milk, bread, eggs, soda and other items. H...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorZulma is 44 years old. She studied until second grade. She has a partner who makes a living in livestock. She has two children who study and depend economically on her inco...Read their story >
- AgricultureColombiaJose is a 38-year-old agricultural producer. He learned this trade thanks to his parents. He’s worked hard since very young age to improve the conditions.
Jose r...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ronald, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,621 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.