Join Rachel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaWith her great will and true desire to improve her family's financial situation, Diana decided to undertake a business of selling merchandise such as clothes and accessorie...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StorePhilippinesLuciana is 45 years old and married with seven children.
Luciana works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and has reques...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaBaballiyo is a maize farmer and Babban Gona member. Anticipating a good harvest this season, Baballiyo has the opportunity to attain yields of up to 8 metric tonnes of maiz...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Food Production/SalesColombiaPedro is a small business owner who lives in the municipality of Soledad with his family. He is a loving spouse and father who watches out for his family's well-being. He p...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJosé is 27 years old. He finished his education with a high school diploma. He is currently married; his life parter is a homemaker while he works in construction. He al...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Rachel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,217 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.