Join Rachel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsNicaraguaLuis is a young man who is passionate about the world of machines. He likes to know how to make each item work intelligently and for this reason he is studying industrial e...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorSonia, 46 years old, only went to school up to the third year of secondary school. She is a single mother and has three daughters who go to school.
Sonia works ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingCambodiaOriginally from Kratie province, Hieb is 53-year-old and she has two children, one of whom is in school while the other one is too young to attend school. To make a living,...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- CattleCambodiaMom is 54 years old. She is married and resides with three children in Takeo Province of Cambodia.
Mom and her husband have been fattening animals for more than...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Ltd.
- FarmingSamoaNora is a 54 year-old mother with 11 children. She runs a small business selling taro and banana in her village to earn a living. She has been doing this for more than 3 ye...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
Kiva lenders, like Rachel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,675 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.