Join Philipp on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaPaula is a humble and caring 38-year-old woman who, guided by her calling and taste for entrepreneurship, started a business—a staple goods store. She is now looking for s...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FishingPeruClaudio is 27 years old, single, and lives in his family home with his grandmother in the district of Cayaltí, Chiclayo Province, Lambayeque Department, in the country of P...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- CerealsPhilippinesLenaida is 49 years old and married with three children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Lenaida has a business buying and selling rice grains in the Ph...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Home AppliancesLao PDRDavan’s village sources much of their drinking water from local wells, streams, and collected rainwater. These sources of water are not safe to drink without treatment by ...Read their story >Funding via TerraClear Development
- FoodHondurasFausto is a hardworking man, dedicated to his business selling whole chickens and chicken parts. He has been doing this for a year and a half, working every day going door ...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras, S.A.
Kiva lenders, like Philipp, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,952 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.