Join Petra on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaAlejandra is an entrepreneurial woman. She is 34 years old, is married and is the mother of one child. She works every day to carry her family forward. She has worked selli...Read their story >Funding via ADIM (Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres)
- RetailPhilippinesLucel has various businesses. She has run a sari-sari store for 7 years, sells charcoal ,and raises pigs.
Lucel is a married woman with five children ages 16, 1...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- AgriculturePeruHerminio, age 29, with a living-in-partner status, lives with her partner and their younger children at the Santo Tomas district, in the Cutervo province, at the Cajamarca ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- General StoreEl SalvadorLeydi is 30 years old, and studied accounting in high school. She has a four year old daughter, is married, and her husband works in agriculture and during this season he ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingPhilippinesIn 2008, Remedios learned about Paglaum Multi Purpose Cooperative and the financial assistance it gives start-ups. Remedios tried her luck on doing a business focusing on h...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Petra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,383 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.