Join Pamela on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonHondurasCherri is 39 years old, a single mother, she has 3 children and lives with them in a town in the municipality of Tela, Atlántida. She worked for a while at a factory and wi...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaAsha is a married woman with six kids, none of whom attend school. She owns a house that neither has electricity or piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is food for th...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- CerealsKenyaHello! Meet Bornes, a young farmer from Nandi Hills County in Kenya, who has defied the common thinking of most Kenyans about agriculture. Bornes is a proud owner of a smal...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- General StoreEl SalvadorBlanca, 51 years old, went to school up to the sixth grade, is married, her spouse works in agriculture and they have four children but she only cares for two grandchildren...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- General StorePakistanSobia is a 35-year-old married woman. She lives with her spouse and four children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Sobia has been successfully running a small general store...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,822 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.