Join Pamela on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TaxiGeorgiaRomani is 67 years old, from Kutaisi, in west Georgia. He has a 29-year-old son, who works as a private artisan and gets a small income. They find it hard to tackle the fin...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
- General StorePhilippinesMerlyn is 39 years old and married with five children. With four children in school, Merlyn works very hard to provide for them. She runs a general store in the Philippines...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- TransportationIndiaManowara is a 41-year-old woman who lives in the village Shibrambati in Kandi of West Bengal. She is married to Kebir and blessed with three children (two sons and a daught...Read their story >Funding via Belghoria Janakalyan Samity
- Grocery StoreGuatemalaMaynor is a 25-year-old man who is married with two children between the ages of 2 and 4. He lives with his wife and their children in a community of San Jorge La Laguna. M...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- AgricultureEcuadorSegundo is a hardworking, 30 year-old, single man. He has one son and works growing and selling potatoes, lima beans, peas, and also breeding chickens and pigs. With th...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa San Jose
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,617 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.