Join Ophelia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaA woman who is living in Battambang province, Samith is 55 years old. She has been growing rice for 30 years to support her family’s living. The dropping of the price of ri...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonArmeniaGet to know 30-year-old Gayane! This talented woman is a hairdresser and cosmetologist from Yerevan. She lives with her husband Rafayel, also 30, and her in-laws.
Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanAdolat is a nimble and active woman. She sews women's and children's clothing in her home. Three years ago, she mastered the art of cutting out and sewing clothing. Now she...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaJoash is a married family man with three children. His wife is a farmer and takes care of the home, and they support one another.
He is a hardworking man who fer...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonKenyaThis is Praxidise, a 57-year-old lady. She is married and blessed with two children who are in school and she supports them.
Praxidise is a hair dresser by profe...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ophelia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,581 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.