Join Olivier Roland on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaAlh. Abdullahi is a Babban Gona maize farmer. Thanks to Babban Gona’s support, Alh. Abdullahi is thankful that days of poor yields are long gone. As a Babban Gona member, h...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Consumer GoodsNigeriaAbba is a maize farmer from Barangwaje village. As a Babban Gona member, Abba is excited to have access to a trained agronomist and superior inputs that will give him the c...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- TailoringPakistanSonia is 37 years old and an active borrower of BRAC Pakistan. She resides in Rawalpindi, Pakistan with her spouse and four children. Her husband has been running his own...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaKabiru is a maize farmer from Suddu village. As a Babban Gona member, Kabiru is excited to have access to a trained agronomist and superior inputs that will give him the ch...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- FarmingPhilippinesMerlyn is 44 years old, married with three children of adult age and lives in Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur. Her wish is to send her children to school until they finish colle...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Olivier Roland, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,261 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.