Join michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaIn the village Tsovagyugh in Gegharkunik region lives Silvard, with her husband and their single daughter. Silvard, with her beloved husband, is engaged in farming and agri...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Beauty SalonUgandaAnnet is a repeat client in Ugafode microfinance applying for a loan of 2400,000/=. She is a married woman with 2 children.
She is a business woman owning a beau...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- ServicesMalawiWyness is 19 years old. She lives with her mother and father in Mzuzu, Malawi. Wyness has always wanted to run her own business. Growing up, she watched her mother run a su...Read their story >Funding via Zoona (Malawi)
- Food Production/SalesUgandaObed is a 26-year-old married man with four children living in Kyenjojo, Uganda. He is a hardworking man for his growing young family trading in agricultural produce for no...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- ElectricianPakistanMusarat is 49 years old, and lives with her husband in the area of Lahore, Pakistan.
Musarat's son owns an electrical shop where he sells electrical goods and p...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,626 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.