Join Michael on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesElena has received a number of loans in the past, which have certainly helped sustain her general store and thus helped in their daily sustenance. She thanks CCT and Kiva f...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
- AgricultureEl SalvadorFatima did not go to school since her parents did not have sufficient means to pay for her education. She has three children, she and her partner work in agriculture, her c...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal Housing ExpensesLebanonHanan is the featured borrower for El Gharam Group. She joined with her other group members to take this Al Majmoua loan because they have always been neighbors and friends...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- General StorePhilippinesNeriza is grateful for KIVA's and CCT's continuous moral and financial support. The previous loans that have been granted to her have sustained her general store and helped...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
- FarmingPhilippinesJenny is 24 years old, married and has two children, one of whom is in school.
Jenny earns a living from her oyster culture business in the Philippines. She requ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,236 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.