Join Marta on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaLiljana and her three young children live in the house seen in the photograph. She is photographed inside the house and you can tell how poorly her family lives. This past ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
- AgriculturePeruSegundo is 56 years old and lives in common law marriage with his spouse and their minor child who is 1 year old, in the district of Santo Tomas, province of Cutervo, Cajam...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorRene, 57, makes it clear every day that he wants to get ahead. He is currently working selling fruits and vegetables, which helps him to get ahead and sustain his family. H...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaIshaya is a maize farmer and Babban Gona member. Anticipating a good harvest this season, Ishaya has the opportunity to attain yields of up to 8 metric tonnes of maize per ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Higher education costsParaguayArsenio is studying the career of Public Accounting. He is requesting a loan to pay for tuition fees and study materials. He comments that he plans to practice his professi...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
Kiva lenders, like Marta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,071 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.