Join Marta on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesMaliYaya earns a living through raising sheep. He lives in Mali. He is a 42-year-old married father to eight children aged between two and 16 years old. Three of them are curre...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- ClothingJordanGhadeer is a nice young lady in her 33 years old. She is married and has four kids. Her husband retired and his pension is not enough to cover all the household expenses.
Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- ServicesIndonesiaGood day, lenders!
This is one of Ruma's agents, Ahmad. Ahmad lives in North Bogor, located about one hour and thirty minutes drive from Jakarta, the capital ci...Read their story >Funding via PT Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorYesenia is 24 years old and she lives with her two children who are 6 and 3 years old. She also lives with her parents. She is a single mother looking for ways to give her ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- PigsPhilippinesGloria is 43 years old, married, and has six children who are presently in school. Gloria is in the pig fattening agricultural business in the Philippines. Gloria requested...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Marta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,600 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.