Marlon gets his finances...Read their story >
Join MaritaR on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPhilippinesMarlon is 40 years old, married and has children attending school. He needs to support them so they will achieve their dreams some day.
Marlon gets his finances...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran, Inc. (ASKI)
- Charcoal SalesKenyaChaka is a married man. He has five children. He operates a retail business where he sells charcoal. He has been involved in this business for 18 years. His business is loc...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Products SalesColombiaMilena, 41, lives with her partner. She is a responsible, hard-working businesswoman and has long made a living retailing products in her home town of Fresno. Milena ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Internet CafeColombiaMaria is a woman with good ideas and a creative mind. She is always trying to look for activities to increase her family income.
She started an inter...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaYusuf is a Babban Gona maize farmer. Yusuf is excited that Babban Gona offers a lasting solution to ending the cycle of poverty, renewing his dreams of gaining wealth somed...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like MaritaR, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,281 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.