Join Lauren on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTimor-LesteMaria lives in Oecusse. She is applying for a loan of $1,200 from Tuba Rai Metin to improve her business.She has a shop and many people come to buy there. Maria has been in...Read their story >Funding via Tuba Rai Metin
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorThis young woman has her face blurred in the above photo because she is 26-years old and lives in a dangerous area. She makes her living selling small fried fish. Her bus...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- General StorePhilippinesAs the married parent of two children, Maribeth works hard to support her family by running a general store in the Philippines. She earns additional income by selling froze...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Butcher ShopColombiaSirlys is an enterprising, 27-year-old woman who is fully committed and the mother of two children, ages 5 and 3. She began her own business, selling meat, chicken and pork...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Liquor Store / Off-LicenseUgandaAnnet a member of Karambi Women S Group where members guarantee each other when borrowing and paying back loans. She is 43 years old with 5 children all living in Fort Port...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
Kiva lenders, like Lauren, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,460 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.