Join Lauren on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaAged 47, Chhem is a mother of one child living in Tbaung Khmum province. For her living conditions, she can earn income via rice cropping and cassava growing. She has been ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- RetailGhanaThese members belong to the Blessing Group from Teshie branch, which is located in the northern part of Accra in Ghana. They are into the sale of food stuff, kenkey (cooked...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
- General StorePhilippinesMelisa is 48 years old and married with six children. Three of her children are in school.
Melisa works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMartilde is 61 years old and widowed with three children. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur.
She has a fish-vending business in the Philippines and reques...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Grocery StoreKenyaJangaa is a married man. He describes himself to be ambitious. He operates a retail business where he sells bread, milk, sugar, soap and other items. He has been involved i...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Lauren, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,601 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.