Join Larry & Helen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorDeysi, age 29, lives in her own home along with her life partner and their two children, ages 1 year and 9 years old. She is a hard-working woman who works as an assistant ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- CattleTajikistanAvliyokul is a resident of the Farkhor region. He is 51 years old, and he is the father of 5 children. His wife is a master seamstress. She works by sewing women's clothing...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorYesika is a 28 year old woman, who is a single mother of three children ages 5 to 10. She studied until sixth grade, but could not continue due to financial problems. Y...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- RestaurantUgandaJoselyn is a thirty three year old hardworking married mother of three living in Kamwenge, Uganda. She runs a restaurant alongside agriculture which businesses she started ...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesAlex hails from the town of Antequera, Bohol. He earns a living by making native baskets and he also operates a habal-habal (motorcycle) transportation service. He is a 39-...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
Kiva lenders, like Larry & Helen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,612 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.