Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaMnatsakan is 62 years old and he lives with his wife and daughter-in-law in Tsovagyugh village of Gegharkunik region. His son now is in Russian Federation for an abroad wor...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanNagina is a 51-year-old married woman. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband is responsible for fulfilling the needs of their family. Nagina is also providing tail...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaBenito, 61, is married with three children. Benito has been working in Communications for 26 years, and it is his only source of income. Benito needs a loan to complete the...Read their story >
- Child CareIsraelHagar, aged 55, lives in East Jerusalem, in Tsur Baher, with her husband (who is unemployed and disabled) and three of her eight children. She currently runs a small crèche...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineMuhammad, who appears in the photo, is a 22-year-old from a village near Jenin, West Bank. He is a student at a local university. He studies trading in college and he is ve...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,986 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.