Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPeruMaurilio is 35 years old and lives in his own rustic home, with his spouse and their two children in the Pucara district, Jaen province, Cajamarca area, in Peru. He has ver...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- TaxiPakistanSamina is responsible mother of 3 children, living in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has been providing transport facilities by driving a taxi for twenty years. Her husb...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Clothing SalesKenyaPeter is a married man. He has one child. He operates a tailoring business where he makes clothes to sell and also buys clothes to sell. He has been involved in this busine...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- PoultryEl SalvadorMelvin is a young hardworking father of 3 children ages 6, 4 and a little one who's 2 months old. He's looking for the way to provide them with the best, relying on his chi...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Used ShoesEl SalvadorRafael is 37 years old and very hard-working. He has a partner and four children, who are in school.
Rafael makes a living selling shoes. He has two shops in the...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,540 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.