Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureEl SalvadorDouglas, age 39, lives in his own house with his wife and their son. He has been growing basic grains and raising livestock for 19 years. He sells his products at the dif...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Personal Products SalesEl SalvadorAna, 53, lives in her own home with her daughter and grandson who work and help her financially. Ana has been selling medicines and personal use products for 12 years. She ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Grocery StorePhilippinesDorotea is a hard-working woman. She is from San Miguel, Bohol. She is 48 years old with three grown children.
Dorotea has been selling vegetables for twenty ye...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesPakistanZubaida has successfully established her business selling cloth with the support of Kashf Foundation and Kiva. By the time she attained good number of customers and makes ...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- FarmingEl SalvadorRoberto, 49 years old, lives in his own house with his daughter. He has worked growing basic grains for 25 years. He sells his products in the nearby areas to the zone wher...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,593 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.