She has a rice retailing business in the Philippines, and also earns additional in...Read their story >
Join Katy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsPhilippinesAs a married mother of two children, Lorena works hard to support her family.
She has a rice retailing business in the Philippines, and also earns additional in...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaYakubu is a maize farmer and Babban Gona member. Anticipating a good harvest this season, Yakubu has the opportunity to attain yields of up to 8 metric tonnes of maize per ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- General StoreColombiaIn pursuit of making her business more sustainable, being a competitive shopkeeper, and not allowing herself to be overcome or destroyed by big chain stores, Elsy wants to ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- CerealsKenyaThirty-four-year-old Tecla has no academic papers to show off but she is an accomplished farmer who hails from the remote village of Chepkinyuk, in the Nandihills area of K...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- General StorePhilippinesRoseny is 31 years old and married with two children. With one child in school, Roseny works very hard to provide for them. Roseny has a general store in the Philippine...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Katy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,122 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.