Join Julie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreKenyaJoyce is a married woman. She has 1 child. She describes herself to be patient. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar,soap, flour, bread and other items. She...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorElsa is 47 years old and lives in her own home with her life partner. Elsa is a hardworking woman who sells ice cream products, such as sorbet. In addition, she offers dome...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- General StoreParaguayEach member of this group makes the greatest effort to improve her quality of life. They are part of the poverty elimination program to get better every day. One of the mem...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Beauty SalonColombiaYudy started a hair and nails business in which she visits clients at their place of residence throughout the municipality of San Carlos. She works various hours everyday a...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Clothing SalesEcuadorAlysson is a 21-year-old entrepreneur, who lives in the city of Santo Domingo with her grandparents.
Since she left school she has enjoyed working to help her f...Read their story >Funding via Fundacion Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,351 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.