Soledad requested a PHP 22,000 loan ...Read their story >
Join Julie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailPhilippinesSoledad works hard to support her family. Soledad is married and has a buy-and-sell native mats business in the Philippines.
Soledad requested a PHP 22,000 loan ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Higher education costsParaguayDerlis is studying surgical instrumentation, he is in his second year, and he strives to be a good professional in order to be able to help others.
He is studyi...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanZubaida is a 49-year-old married woman who has six children. She lives in a populated area, and her son knows about people's needs in this area. He is a market vendor who s...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- AgricultureKyrgyzstanBurulbu is 56 years old, a widow and mother of 3 children. She has a secondary education and has been involved in farming and animal husbandry for 21 years. Her farm contai...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- LivestockEl SalvadorJosé, has had a pleasant previous experience with the loans he requests from Padeocmsm, and, once more he is in need of capital to buy agricultural supplies and concentrate...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,212 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.