Join SonomaLass on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMaribel is 44 years old, married with five children. Three of her children are in school, she is a very hard working entrepreneur. Maribel has a fish vending business in ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePhilippinesAntonieta is 58 years old and married with three children. With one child in school, Antonieta works very hard to provide for them.
Antonieta has a general stor...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndiaSaraswati is a 42-year-old rural woman who resides in a village in Odisha, India with her family. She has a family comprised of her husband and two sons. She is the one sta...Read their story >Funding via People's Forum
- AgricultureKosovoSladjan is divorced and lives only with his elderly mother in one of the minority communities of Kosovo.
He works for an electrical company, and based on family...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
- FishingPhilippinesNicer is 28 years old, married and lives in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte. As a microfinance member of Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative, she is given priority in financia...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like SonomaLass, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,269 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.