She is independent, strong and very hard-working. Her busine...Read their story >
Join Joel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallBoliviaLuisa is a 57-year-old woman, married, and has an 18-year-old son, and her business is selling food.
She is independent, strong and very hard-working. Her busine...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- AgricultureKenyaSalome is a married woman with five children. She describes herself as honest. She operates a farm where she grows maize and beans and also keeps dairy cows. She has bee...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Goods DistributionPhilippinesFrom Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental, here is Grace, a wholesaler of clothes and umbrellas. She is married to Edwin and they have children. Edwin is not just her compani...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
- ServicesEl SalvadorAna, 50 years old, lives in her own house with her husband. She has had a cornmeal mill located in her home for 10 years. She has many customers, especially the women who m...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesShirley is a hardworking woman and is an entrepreneur with five children.
She has a charcoal retailing business in the Philippines and has requested a 12,000 PHP...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Joel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,540 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.