Orfa has a business selling shellfish cocktail, shrimp ce...Read their story >
Join Joel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorOrfa, age 42, studied through fourth grade. She lives with her daughter and presently she is single.
Orfa has a business selling shellfish cocktail, shrimp ce...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- ClothingTimor-LesteA 1,500 USD loan has been offered to Elisa to improve her business. She is married, and she has 3 children. She has a mini shop where many people come to buy every day.
Read their story >Funding via Tuba Rai Metin
- AgricultureEcuadorLuis is 24 years old and single. He lives with his wife and two children. They live in the Guanujo parish, Bolivar province. Luis works in agriculture, planting potatoes, ...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa San Jose
- RetailPhilippinesFlorecita, 45 years old, is a married woman with three children, one of whom is currently in school. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Florecita has a buy-and-se...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Charcoal SalesKenyaMargaret is a married woman with two children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business where she sells charcoal. She has been involved in this bu...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Joel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,784 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.