Join Jody on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesMercy is a hardworking entrepreneur with three children who earns a living by raising pigs in the Philippines. She is borrowing 27,000 Philippines pesos (PHP) through NWTF ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- ServicesKenyaMaurice is a married man with 4 children who describes himself as a risk taker. He has made metal boxes for 4 years. His business is located in a competitive area. He descr...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Internet CafeNicaraguaThe main reasons why Elena is requesting a loan are the necessity to feel useful at 53 years of age, and to improve the quality of the services at her internet cafe. Yet he...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- RetailColombiaMaria lives in Galapa, a municipality in Atlantica department.
Maria is a trader. Her work allows her to move forward and help her family. Although for many yea...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- PigsPhilippinesBrona is 42 years old and has nine children. Brona is married and has three children who are currently in school.
Brona is in the agricultural business, raising ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Jody, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,640 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.