Join Joan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesKenyaDoffina is a married woman with three children. She operates a retail business where she sells cooked eggs. She has been involved in this business for six years. Her primar...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- AgricultureEl SalvadorRosalí, 43, only has a second grade education, due to various hardships. His wife is a modest woman who is hardworking and honest. Together they have two children, one who ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesTessie is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a food vending business in the Philippines.
She is borrowing PHP 13,000 through NWTF to buy ingredients like sugar,...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesMary Ann works hard to support her family. Mary Ann is married and has a business selling ready-to-wear in the Philippines.
Mary Ann requested a PHP 13,000 loan ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePhilippinesElizabeth is 49 years old and married with three children. Elizabeth works very hard to provide for them. Elizabeth runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Joan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,601 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.