Join Joe & Pam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockUgandaKarori has requested a loan of ugx3,000,000. This is his fourth loan from UGAFODE MDI. He is 39 years old, married, and has five children. Of the five children, three at...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- CattleColombiaPatricia is a 46-year-old-married woman who lives with his husband in the municipality of Fredonia. A few years ago she decided to start her own business because she wanted...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueJoaquim is married and lives with his wife and three children in a house he owns. He is an agricultural technician. With this loan, he is planning to buy construction ma...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- SewingGuatemalaAna Patricia, 34 years old, was born in the city of Tecpan, Guatemala. Her two young children depend on her, She earns her living selling school uniforms and clothing embr...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
- BricksMozambiqueAlbino is married, and lives with his wife and five children. He is retired from the military.
He will use the loan to buy raw materials to make bricks for sale,...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
Kiva lenders, like Joe & Pam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,624 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.