Jecinta has had a clothing bu...Read their story >
Join Jens on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaJecinta is 53 years old. She is married to David who is a business man, and they are blessed with two children of 22 and 32 years.
Jecinta has had a clothing bu...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- Phone Use SalesIndonesiaThe Iya Ate Nkl group is currently made up of four women and one man. This group is led by Maria, a 41-year-old single parent with two children named Cintya, 15, in the fir...Read their story >Funding via Tanaoba Lais Manekat Foundation (TLM)
- Clothing SalesIndiaSoniben leads a group of four women in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. She is 29 years old and lives with her husband and child. Her child is below the age of 12, and as her child is g...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
- Home AppliancesCambodiaVorng’s group lives in a rural village in Phnom Penh City in Cambodia. Vorng makes a living cultivating rice and he also does extra work as a tailor to support his family. ...Read their story >Funding via iDE - Cambodia
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorDalila is 35 years old. She lives in her own house with her life partner and her children, ages 17, 15 and 9, and a one month old baby. Dalila is a very hardworking person ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Jens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,814 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.