Join Jens on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CafeColombiaThis is Yuleiby, a young woman of only 22 years of age, who is overcoming a difficult situation, which was losing her husband. She tends a cafeteria, since now she is the h...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StoreKenyaEunice is a Kiva borrower. She has 3 children. She operates a retail business where she sells soda, sugar, flour, and other items. She has been involved in this business fo...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Clothing SalesZimbabweWhat is success? This can be defined as accomplishing or triumphing in whatever endeavour one has set out to do.
Getrude, age 32, is a serious and committed cro...Read their story >Funding via Thrive Microfinance ltd
- Clothing SalesAzerbaijanSabuhi was born in 1983. He is married and has two children. His children are 7 and 4 years old. One of the children studies in primary school and the other is going to kin...Read their story >Funding via Komak Credit Union
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaIbrahim is a maize farmer from Dan'asabe village. As a Babban Gona member, Ibrahim is excited to have access to a trained agronomist and superior inputs that will give him ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Jens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,111 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.