She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, bread, soap, flo...Read their story >
Join Jennifer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreKenyaJoseline is a married woman. She has two children. She describes herself to be ambitious.
She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, bread, soap, flo...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- RetailHaitiGhislaine is 53 years old. Married, she has 6 children. She resells food products. This business brings her income that allows her to assist her husband to cover the family...Read their story >Funding via Entrepreneurs du Monde - Palmis Mikwofinans Sosyal
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaSin is a 41-year-old married rice farmer with seven grownup children. She lives in the Prey Veng Province in Cambodia.
She has earned her main income from culti...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Ltd.
- BakeryEl SalvadorPedro, who is 30 years old, only went to school through fifth grade. He is married, and his wife does the domestic tasks. He has two children who already go to school. P...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- RetailPhilippinesJuliet is driven by passion in selling. At the age of 56, married in Pagadian City, she runs a store that primarily supports their family. Every day she never gets tired of...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Jennifer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,236 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.