Join Jen Appreneur on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaVath is 63 years old and married. She has seven children, three of whom are dependent on her. She lives in Prey Veng province where she makes a living through growing dry- ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- FishingPhilippinesClaire is a 33-year-old woman from Estancia, Iloilo. She is married and has three children, ages 11, 9 and 6 years old.
Claire's husband is a fisherman while Cl...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- FarmingCambodiaChart resides in Battambang province and she is 51 years old. This married woman has five children, two of whom are dependent on her and still in school. Earning around USD...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- Fruits & VegetablesUgandaSauda is forty-four years of age. She is married with three children and lives in Bundibugyo, Uganda. In 1992 she committed herself to growing cocoa which has assisted her ...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- BakeryPhilippinesCelestiana is managing her bakery business in Unidos, Plaridel, Misamis Occidental. She has mastered the business when she and her husband were on the early years of their ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Jen Appreneur, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,707 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.