Join Jenn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePakistanRazia is 49 years old, and a married woman. She has been successfully running a small general store with her husband at the corner of her house. Her husband also assists he...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Used ClothingBoliviaVera is a 29 year old woman, she lives with her partner, has 1 three year old son and her business is the sale of second-hand clothing. She is entrepreneurial, dynamic and ...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaBledian used his previous loan to make some repairs to the home, but he is not done. He requested another loan because his home is so run down that it needs a lot of work. Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
- Fruits & VegetablesUgandaThe members belong to Lwepwanyi Fullgospel church,Yesu kabaka- a faith based group in rural Lyantonde-western Uganda. Lydia, 53 is a hardworking woman who earns a living i...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- FarmingKenyaJosilet has no higher education or work experience, but lives on her wits and her desire to succeed in life. She is a very hardworking, progressive, and honest farmer from ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,542 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.