Join Jenn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Butcher ShopColombiaLuis is 57 years old and lives in the municipality of La Dorada. He has four children, two boys and two girls, whom he loves very much and for whom he works really hard. Fo...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- PigsPhilippinesEdna is a hard-working entrepreneur with one child.
She earns a living by raising pigs in the Philippines. Edna is borrowing PHP 14,000 through Negros Women for ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePhilippinesAlicia is 53 years old and married with three children. She works very hard to provide for them.
Alicia runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a P...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanRashid was born in 1957 year. He is married and lives with his wife in the north part of Tajikistan. He is very kind man. Rashid works hard from early morning till late eve...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- General StorePhilippinesLuz works hard to support her family. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
Luz requested a PHP 12,500 loan through NWTF to buy mor...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,707 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.