Join Hannes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreMadagascarMonique is 50 years old. She has four children. She is divorced and provides for her children (22, 20, 18, and 16 years of age) on her own. Two of her children are universi...Read their story >Funding via Crédit Epargne Formation (CEFOR)
- General StorePhilippinesBernadeth is 48 years old and married with 10 children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 12,0...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- RetailPhilippinesLeonida is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a buy and sell dried coconut meat business in the Philippines. She is borrowing PHP 14000 through NWTF to buy more sacks of ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal Medical ExpensesAlbaniaEduart is married and the father of the little one seen in the photograph.
Eduart has been practicing agriculture over these past 9 years. In 2005, he bought ar...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
- Clothing SalesTajikistanNafisakhon is divorced. She is careful mother of 3 children who are non-adults. Nafisakhon lives with her children in the South part of Tajikistan. She always tries for wel...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
Kiva lenders, like Hannes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,049 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.