Musarat's son owns an electrical shop where he sells electrical goods and p...Read their story >
Join Guy B. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ElectricianPakistanMusarat is 49 years old, and lives with her husband in the area of Lahore, Pakistan.
Musarat's son owns an electrical shop where he sells electrical goods and p...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Plastics SalesPhilippinesRosalina is 58 years old, a widow with five children. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur.
Rosalina has a plasticware retail business in the Philippines. Sh...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorCelina, age 20, studied for an accounting degree. She is in a relationship, and her life partner works as a driver. She does not have children, and no one is dependent up...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- AgricultureEl SalvadorTeodora is 59 years old, and could not get an education because her parents had limited resources. She is single, has seven children; only four of them live at home with h...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesKenyaJames is married and has three children. For the past eight years he has operated a store where he sells clothes. His store is located in a residential area, and his primar...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Guy B., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,620 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.