Join Gio on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorPedro is married. He and his wife have two children who are 18 and 20 years old. The whole family depends on the income that he generates. His occupation is running a shop ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Auto RepairEcuadorDemetrio is 33 years old and is in a civil marriage. His wife does housework and he has 3 children: 14-year-old Paola, 12-year-old Vanesa, and 6-year-old Mateo. They study ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJosé needs a new loan to further increase his source of income to take care of his family. He would like to buy the necessary agricultural supplies to produce a better corn...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- CattleUgandaMoses is a hardworking married entrepreneur with four children living in Kamwenge, Uganda. He raises cattle to earn a living. He also earns supplementary income growing cr...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Clothing SalesKenyaSalome is a married woman. She has one child. She describes herself to be ambitious. She operates a retail business where she sells clothes, pillows and other items. She ha...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Gio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,335 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.