Patricia ha...Read their story >
Join Gerv on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorPatricia, 35, studied until fifth grade and is single. She has two children, one of whom is still in school, and lives with her brother and a niece.
Patricia ha...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- TailoringPhilippinesGleceria works hard to support her family. She is widowed and has a tailoring business in the Philippines.
Gleceria requested a PHP 12,000 loan through NWTF to p...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FoodPhilippinesRosana is a single woman with one child. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Rosana is 24 years old now. Rosana has a buy and sell eggs business in the Philippines. R...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Food StallTanzaniaKuruthum, who is in her late 20's, is married with three kids; one of them is small and the others are still in school. She has been a food vendor for five years now. She w...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
- AgricultureEl SalvadorBenilda is 55 years old. She studied until the sixth grade. She is single. She has three children of 33, 21, and 18 years of age. All of them are accompanied.
B...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Gerv, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,823 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.