Join françois derbaix on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesMarisol is grateful that her prior loan of PHP 8,000 was approved with the help of the Lord and by using Center for community Transformation (CCT), which was a great help f...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
- RetailColombiaYuli is 45 years old. She is a homemaker who decided to start her own business from her humble home, located in the metropolitan area of Barranquilla, which overlaps with t...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Grocery StoreHondurasDoña María is 71 years old, married with 5 children who are working adults. She lives with her husband in a village in the municipality of Choloma, in the department of Cor...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- Soft DrinksKenyaConsolata is a married woman with three children, all of whom attend school. She owns a house that does not have electricity or piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses a...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- CarpentryKenyaPatrick is a married man. He has four children. He describes himself to be honest. He operates a carpentry business where he makes furniture. He has been involved in this b...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like françois derbaix, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,168 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.