Join Elizabeth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureEl SalvadorMaria is 38 years old. She is the mother of a son who is in fifth grade. She married eleven years ago. Her husband works in agriculture, growing corn and beans, and in carp...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaJohn is a married man. He has 3 children. He describes himself to be focused.
He operates a transport business where he transports customers using his motorcycl...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StoreKenyaAnucieta is a married woman. She has three children. She operates a retail business where she sells rice, sugar, flour and other items. She has been involved in this busine...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StorePakistanKaneez has successfully built her general store business with the support of Kashf Foundation and Kiva. She has a good number of customers and earns enough income to cont...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Beauty SalonColombiaAndrea is a professional stylist who became an independent businessperson in 2013. She adapted a space in the facilities of her house which is located in a neighborhood of ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,712 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.