Join Elizabeth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TaxiLebanonDarwich is a 23-year-old single Palestinian refugee, who lives in a Palestinian refugee camp. He has been working in providing transportation services to students and emplo...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- Clothing SalesColombiaCarlos Alberto is responsible, trustworthy, hard-working, and full of enterprising spirit. He sees opportunity everywhere: for instance, he had a vehicle that he was not u...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Beauty SalonPakistanVeenus is a 49-year-old woman residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a mother of six children. Her husband is the guardian of the family and is responsible to fulfill the...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanAzmat is a 47 years old woman, mother of five children and lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband is fruit seller by profession.
Azmat's husband needs to pur...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FishingPhilippinesLerma is a married woman with five children who works hard to support her family.
She has a fishing business and earns additional income selling fish. Lerma is ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,902 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.