Join Deborah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryEl SalvadorAlberto, age 45, attended school until the seventh grade. He is common-law-married, and the father of two children who are attending school. His wife devotes herself to the...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoShe is 27 years old and single. She works as a secretary at a customs agency. When she was 11 years old she started having visual problems like not being able to clearly ...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- PigsEcuadorJanneth is 40-years old and divorced. She has two children, Wilmer age 18 and David age 11, who go to school in the area. She had to abandon the country and go to the city ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- FarmingKenyaHello! Meet Dinah (pictured above with her husband) from the Nguruki, Nkubu area of Kenya, an area that is very fertile. Dinah is 31 years old and a proud mother of three a...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaTeresa is an entrepreneurial woman who has managed to get ahead with food and corn product sales. She began 18 years ago with a small grocery store, but this failed. Later,...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
Kiva lenders, like Deborah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,479 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.