Join Adam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsLebanonFakhry is a 42-year-old, married man living with his wife and three young children, who are still attending school. He is the main source of income for the family.
Read their story >Funding via Vitas. s.a.l.
- RetailKenyaLewis is a single man who describes himself as determined. He operates a retail business where he sells electronics. He has been involved in this business for four years.
Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesAs a married parent of five children, Angilyn works hard to support her family. Angilyn has a motorcycle transport business in the Philippines, and also earns additional in...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePhilippinesMeet Sally. Help her now grow her business by lending her additional financial assistance that she needs.
She is operating a sari-sari store business and it wou...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
- AgricultureArmeniaRubik is farmer from Jajur village. He is the father of three grown-up children and is a former policeman. After leaving his job as a policeman, Rubik started more intensiv...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like Adam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,832 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.