She has operate...Read their story >
Join Cynthia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailKenyaJoyce is a married woman with six children, three of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water.
She has operate...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- General StorePhilippinesEdgita, 49, is married with five children. She works hard to provide for her family.
She runs a general store in the Philippines. She has been running the store...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePakistanKubra is the age of 40; she is mother of one son and two daughters and living in Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband has been running a general store in which he sells rice, suga...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Food MarketBoliviaRuth is a 40 year old woman, who lives with her partner and has two children, ages 7 and 10. Her business is selling eggs.
She is a good mother, friendly and very str...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- Food Production/SalesColombiaLiliana is a businesswoman who sells meat and fish in Arjona, a municipality in Bolívar. She started the business with help from a friend who had the same kind of business ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders, like Cynthia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,801 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.