Join Cynthia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorDiosis, 46, lives in her own home with her husband and son. For several years, she has been engaged in making and selling tortillas. Her business is located in her home, ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- General StoreTanzaniaHamisi, who is in his mid 30s, is married with one small child. He has been running a general store for eight years now. He works from 7:30 am to 10 pm daily and is able to...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesNena is 41 years old and married with five children who are in school, Nena works very hard to provide for them. She runs a buy and sell charcoal in the Philippines and re...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Food Production/SalesParaguayRosalino is a retailer living in the town of Pilar. He has a life partner and has a child, and he makes efforts to provide him with a better standard of living. He owns a k...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Clothing SalesColombiaViviana is a beautiful young 28-year old. She does not have any children, is single and very liberal. She works every day selling seasonal merchandise. With this, she gets ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Cynthia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,617 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.