Join Collin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StorePeruTeodoro, 58 years old and attached, does not have family burdens. He lives with his partner in the Lagunas district, Chiclayo province, Lambayeque department, in rural Peru...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Food Production/SalesPeruRobin Ricardo is 42 years old and lives with his partner and children in the Lagunas district of the Chiclayo province in the Lambayeque region of Peru. Robin Ricardo has m...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- FarmingPeruOrlando is 35 years old. He lives in his own home, built from rustic materials, with his wife and their minor daughter in the community of Pomacahua, district of Jaén, depa...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- FarmingPeruMariano is 58 years old and lives with his wife and children. They reside in the District of Pucará in Jaén Province, Department of Lambayeque, in the country of Peru. Mo...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- FarmingPeruYolmer, 28, lives in his own house made of rustic material. He lives with his partner and two children in the Santo Tomás province of Cutervo, in the area of Cajamarca, Per...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Collin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,258 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.