For the...Read their story >
Join Cassie, Jase, & Kirsten on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingPhilippinesFlorita is from the town of Lila. She is 44 years old, married, and has four school-aged children. She is a fish vendor. Her husband is working abroad.
For the...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Auto RepairPakistanSuriya is 35 years old, married, and has five children. She is lives with her family in Lahore. Her husband runs a tire shop; her son helps his father in the business and i...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- LivestockEl SalvadorRicardo is 45 years old and lives in his own home with his wife and his two children. He earns a living raising livestock and he has done this for over 20 years. He sells h...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Fish SellingKenyaBeatrice is a married woman. She has four children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business where she sells fish. She has been involved in this b...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaScovia deals in produce business, mainly beans for now three years. She is doing great, because she now knows the quality beans, which beans to plant in a certain season, w...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
Kiva lenders, like Cassie, Jase, & Kirsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,118 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.