Join Casey McKinnon on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesLourdes is grateful that Center for Community Transformation (CCT) granted her previous loan request of Php 10,000 and she considered it as God’s blessing. The loan that wa...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
- Used ShoesUgandaWilson is a 38-year-old man married with six children. He is a repeat client with the institution. He deals in secondhand shoes, a job he has done for 10 years. However, Wi...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- General StorePhilippinesNenita, 33 years old, lives in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte with her husband and two children. Her husband is a construction worker. Unable to sustain the needs of the fa...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- RestaurantColombiaDiana is an inhabitant of Bogotá who previously lived in a region of the country that was affected by the armed conflict and had to leave. In view of this situation she sta...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- PigsPhilippinesRea Mae is 22 years old and single with two children.
She is in the agriculture business, pig fattening in the Philippines. Rea Mae is borrowing PHP 13,000 throu...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Casey McKinnon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,624 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.