Join Bryan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaBrian is a hardworking, married man living in Fort Portal, Uganda. He works as a mechanic in a busy garage located in a busy center of Fort Portal town. He has been doing t...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- General StorePhilippinesEdina is 54 years old and married with five children. She works very hard to provide for them.
Edina runs a general store in the Philippines and has requested a ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Food MarketKenyaElizabeth is a married woman with three children, all of whom attend school. She lives in a rental house that has electricity and piped water.
She has operated a...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- HardwareHaitiPriscien is 35 years old. He is married and the father of a child who is enrolled in school. He opened a hardware shop three years ago so as to respond to the needs of his ...Read their story >Funding via Entrepreneurs du Monde - Palmis Mikwofinans Sosyal
- General StoreParaguayKuña Guapa group works within the poverty elimination program as a way to identify each group member's life situation and be able to work and improve her living conditions ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
Kiva lenders, like Bryan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,849 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.