Join Bob Harris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorJerson is 33 years old and lives with his mother, his brother, and his daughter in a house they own. He has been working for a private company for 3 years, and with wha...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- BakeryPhilippinesLilibeth works hard to support her family. She is married and has a bakery business in the Philippines. She has been in this business for five years now.
Lilibe...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoJeovana is a 29 year old single mother, she has one young daughter, and they live together on a house Jeovana owns. Jeovana is an employee for a headhunter enterprise and s...Read their story >Funding via Kubo.financiero
- AgricultureKenyaKanunwa is a married man. He has 4 children and describes himself as polite. He operates a farm where he grows vegetables, and other crops. He has been involved in this bus...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- AgriculturePhilippinesJenniffer is a 34-year-old woman who lives in Baybay, Leyte. She is married and has three children ages nine, eight and one year old. Her husband works hard as a constructi...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,254 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.