Join Bianca on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonArmeniaNarine is 32 years old and with her parents she lives in Vanadzor city of Lori region. Narine already 5 years works as a hairdresser. She rents a space for her work and she...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Charcoal SalesKenyaMary is a married woman of five children, four of whom attend school and the other one is still young. She lives her own house that neither has electricity nor piped ...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesPorferio is 74 years old and married. He is from Mansabay Bajo, Lopez Jaena, Misamis Occidental. He runs a fish vending business that is his primary source of income.
Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Auto RepairColombiaSeñor Edwin is a very experienced car and motorcycle mechanic. He has acquired many skills through small studies in different academies and others he has learned empirical...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Clothing SalesGhanaSalomey is a mother of one child. Her business is selling kids wear at the market place. She has done this for ten years. She is responsible for paying school fees for her ...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
Kiva lenders, like Bianca, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,683 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.