Join Andrew on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueRegina lives with her husband in her mother-in-law's home. She doesn't have children yet. She works as an administrative assistant for a real estate agency and earns very l...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- ServicesZambiaHenry is a 32-year-old micro-entrepreneur. He is married and lives in a rented house in Lusaka, Zambia. He operates a mobile money business that serves the needs of his com...Read their story >Funding via Zoona (Zambia)
- Grocery StoreKenyaIrene is a married woman with four kids, all of whom attend school. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is food for...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- FarmingKenyaLilian is 45 years old. She is married and has three children. Her business is farming. She has been in the business for 15 years. She earns a monthly income of 55,000 Keny...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- General StorePakistanMariam is the age of 48, living with her family in the area of Lahore, Pakistan.
Her son has been running a small general store for five years; earlier he was selling...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Andrew, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,259 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.