Join Alex on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ConstructionUnited StatesEdlorde has been in business for the past 8 years. He is originally from Haiti and is the proud owner of EE Construction, a residential and commercial construction business...Read their story >Funding via Intersect Fund
- PhotographyUnited StatesJorge is a very energetic and creative person. He is originally from the Dominican Republic and is the owner of Capture Moments. His business is devoted to providing high q...Read their story >Funding via Accion East
- TaxiUnited StatesIvan has been in business for 10 years. He is originally from Ecuador and is the proud owner of a taxi business in the Newark area that helps people in his community get wh...Read their story >Funding via Intersect Fund
- ComputersUnited StatesChris has always been passionate about providing computer services. He enjoys helping people and specializing in providing remote support. He has been working on the incarn...Read their story >Funding via Accion East
- TransportationUnited StatesPablo immigrated to Perth Amboy at the age of 10 from Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. Pablo has always wanted to own his own business, something he realized as a ...Read their story >Funding via Intersect Fund
Kiva lenders, like Alex, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,798 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.