Join Abraham on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaSilas is a 51-year-old man, a veteran of a thousand battles, who works on his mixed farm. Silas is humble and he wakes up every morning at 5 o’clock to work on his farm. He...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- SewingTajikistanOrosta is an industrious woman. She was born in 1978 in Tajikistan. Orosta is married and has three children. Her husband is an entrepreneur. Orosta always wanted to have o...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- RetailPhilippinesLolita Juliet is 57 years old and resides at San Vicente Bajo, Oroquieta City, Mis.Occ. She is married and blessed with adult-age children. She joined PMPC on April 17, 200...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- RetailPhilippinesMalinda is a very hardworking woman. She earns a living selling seashells to the locals in her area. She is 46 year old is a married mother of 8 children, 5 of whom are sti...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorGloria is 48 years old. She went to school until first grade. She lives in a relationship.
She is working in agriculture which she learned from her parents who already...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Abraham, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.