You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesColombiaAna María is a lovely 23-year-old woman, who works selling merchandise, primarily clothing and quilts for the home. She is a mature mother who has a lovely baby, just 8 mon...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- AgricultureHondurasMarvin is 25 years old. He is married, has one child, and lives with his wife and child in a small village in the Campa Lempira municipality. Marvin has always made his liv...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- General StorePhilippinesHermanita is a 53-year-old married woman with six children, 2 of whom are in school, She works very hard to provide for them.
Hermanita runs a general store in t...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- LivestockEl SalvadorGlenda, who is 28 years old, studied until the third grade. She is in a relationship and her partner works in construction, as he is a bricklayer. Together they have four...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- General StoreBoliviaThe Communal Bank “SARIRIS” will initiate its fifth loan cycle with Pro Mujer, as part of Centro Focal Collpani. It is composed of eight members and is directed by a direc...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,676 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.