Ednaly...Read their story >
You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesEdnalyn has been doing good in her retailing business in Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur. She is 36 years old, married with 2 school age children.
Ednaly...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- LivestockKyrgyzstanAigul is 47 years old, married, and the mother of two children. She has a vocational education, and she grows crops and rears animals for additional income for her family. ...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesElvira is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a food vending business in the Philippines. She has been in this business for eleven years and earns more income from a general...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- ServicesMalawiWyness is 19 years old. She lives with her mother and father in Mzuzu, Malawi. Wyness has always wanted to run her own business. Growing up, she watched her mother run a su...Read their story >Funding via Zoona (Malawi)
- General StoreRwandaAnnonciata is 46 years old and married with 4 children, ages 9-19. Annonciata, president of the group ABIZERANYE BUGESERA, is the one with her hand raised.
For ...Read their story >Funding via Vision Finance Company s.a. (VFC), a partner of World Vision International
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,246 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.