You're invited to join Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesParaguayVicente lives in the city of Pilar. He is 46 years old and works as construction contractor. He directs several works and is known as being a very honest and punctual perso...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- AgriculturePeruSantusa belongs to the San Bartolome de Tambo Real communal bank. She continues working in livestock and making dairy products such as yogurt and cheese. She has been doing...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- LivestockPhilippinesOnofre lives in Badian, Cebu. He is 64 years old and relies on raising farm animals for a living. He raise hogs and cows to earn an income.
Usually, Onofre just...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- General StorePhilippinesImelda is a 47-year-old married woman from the City of Baybay, Leyte. Two years ago this woman started her own business to be able to help her husband with their financial ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- FarmingEl SalvadorRosa decided to request a new loan due to the good results she is having form her business. It will help her to buy fertilizer and insecticides to treat her staple grain cr...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,844 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.