- A loan of $125 helps Benard Abuya: Selection Fashion Jackets purchase jackets for my business
- A loan of $375 helps Joelle: Joelle Fashions purchase more stock for my shop
- A loan of $250 helps Joan Achieng: Joan T Shirts Store adding stock and building my shop/kiosk
- A loan of $250 helps Mourine Akinyi: Lady's Choice Bead Work inventory for the business, that is,...
- A loan of $125 helps Rachael wangari: Boutique acquire new stock since we are approaching festive...
When you lend to an artisan you:
- Enable them to start or grow an independent business. You can loan $25 or more.
- Support shorter, more environmentally-friendly supply chains by helping them access markets directly.
- Keep vibrant cultural traditions alive by backing craftsmen and women who create works passed through generations.
Artisans worldwide struggle to access the loans they need to start and grow their businesses. They are locked out of traditional loans for a number of reasons: the amount they need is too small, their business is too young, their plan is too innovative, or their credit history is too short or damaged.
What they do have is the passion, creativity, and talent to hand-make and sell high-quality goods. And now they have you.
- Choose a borrower.
Browse loan descriptions, find a story you connect with, and lend $25 to pledge your support.
- Follow your loan.
You'll get updates about the progress of your loan, including repayments.
- Do it all again!
Kiva borrowers generally repay 98% of the time, while Zip borrowers repay 86% of the time. Repayments are yours to keep or relend.
Welcome to the people-powered economy. Uniting the power of Kiva lenders and Etsy’s global marketplace of creative entrepreneurs, this unique partnership gives artisans the financing they need to start or grow independent businesses.
Kiva Zip trustees are technical assistance providers, community organizations, and individuals committed to supporting social good and job growth through entrepreneurship. With their help, small business owners can access interest-free crowdfunded loans through Kiva Zip. Our Etsy trustees include: