Tweet and Win... a Skype call with Muhammed Yunus!
This is one of the most exciting contests in Kiva history. Here it is, in three easy steps:
1) Watch "To Catch A Dollar: Muhammed Yunus Banks on America" this Thursday, March 31. This documentary tells the story of how the Nobel Prize winning Dr. Yunus and Grameen America are helping bring the microfinance revolution to bear on addressing poverty in the United States.
- As a bonus: following the film, a pre-recorded panel discussion featuring Robert De Niro, Kiva President Premal Shah, financial guru Suze Orman, Dr. Yunus, and CNBC's Maria Bartiromo.
2) Why do you want to see this film? Fill out this form before 11:59pm EST Thursday!
3) Tweet or Facebook this link to help us spread the word: "Win a video skype chat w/ Dr. Yunus! http://bit.ly/fO4YFo #tocatchadollar"
We'll review all the submissions and three participants will be chosen by the filmmakers and Kiva staff to chat with Dr. Yunus about the film. We hope you will join us on Thursday for the showing of this powerful documentary! For showtimes in your city, see here.
Unfortunately we can't win our own prize, but you definitely - so enter now!
To Catch a Dollar Promotion Terms and Conditions
By telling us why you (the “Entrant”) will attend the movie, To Catch a Dollar: Muhammed Yunus Banks on America (the “Movie”), registered users on Kiva.org can be entered to win a chance to join a video-conference with Dr. Muhammed Yunus!
Terms and Conditions of the To Catch a Dollar Tweet Promotion (the “Promotion”):
To be eligible to win a chance to join a video chat with Dr. Muhammed Yunus, all of the following rules must be satisfied by the Entrant:
1) The Promotion begins at 12:00 noon Pacific Time on March 29, 2010 and ends at 8:59 pm Pacific Time on March 31, 2011. All eligible submissions must be made within this time period.
3) Entrant must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States.
4) To be entered into the Promotion, Entrant must:
(i) submit a response to the question “why are you going to see the film, To Catch a Dollar?” via the form at https://spreadsheets0.google.com/a/kiva.org/viewform?formkey=dEt5S2JCdFMtUTEyUjl3aEQ5SHhXM2c6MQ;
(ii) Tweet or post on Entrant’s Facebook page the following link to help us spread the word: Tweet or Facebook this link to help us spread the word: "Win a video skype chahttp:// #tocatchadollar"
(iii) attend a screening of To Catch a Dollar on March 31, 2011.
5) Only one submission per Entrant is permitted.
1) A panel of the filmmakers and Kiva staff (the “Panel”) will review the Entrants and the answers submitted and invite up to three (3) Entrants to join in a video-conference with Dr. Muhammed Yunus (the “Video-Conference”) to be scheduled at an as yet undetermined time, based solely on Dr. Yunus’ scheduling availability.
2) The Panel will judge based on the following judging criteria (the “Judging Criteria”):
· marketing potential
· communication of key themes of the Movie and microfinance, generally,
· appropriateness, and
· whether the submission adheres to these terms and conditions.
1) The Video-Conference shall be of a duration solely in the discretion of Dr. Yunus. In the event that an invited Entrant is unable to participate in the video-conference with Dr. Yunus at the scheduled time, the invited Entrant understands and agrees that no other accommodation will be offered. In the event the video-conference with Dr. Yunus is unable to be scheduled within twelve (12) months from the close of the Promotion for invited Entrants, an Entrant understands and agrees that Kiva may, but is not required to, offer an alternative accommodation. Employees or contractors of Kiva are not eligible to be selected to participate in the video-conference under this Promotion.
2) Prior to an invitation being extended to participate in the Video-Conference, the filmmakers and/or Kiva staff may contact an Entrant by email and/or phone to confirm eligibility and conformance to the Judging Criteria. All determinations with respect to qualification, eligibility or invitations under this Promotion shall be made solely by Kiva and all Kiva determinations and decisions shall be final.
3) An invitation extended to participate in Video-Conference with Dr. Yunus is non-transferable and only applies to the invited Entrant. For avoidance of doubt, an invited Entrant may not invite others to join his or her invitation, whether by speaker phone or other means. Any attempt to transfer any such invitation will immediately void the invitation. No substitution or exchange of the invitation shall be permitted.
4) Any requirements for computer equipment needed to participate in the Video-Conference, and any potential costs incurred in accepting the invitation and participating in the Video-Conference, are the invited Entrant’s sole responsibility.
1) By entering the Promotion, you as an Entrant fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2) By entering the Promotion, you as an Entrant agree to Kiva's use of your name and location (city, state or province, and country), and, if you have a public Kiva lender profile with a picture, your image, in our promotional materials and campaign in connection with the Promotion.
3) Any individual user determined to have submitted more than one (1) response under this Promotion will be immediately disqualified from this Promotion without notice.
4) The Promotion is not valid where prohibited by law, and is subject to all applicable Federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
5) Kiva, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with an Entrant’s participation in the Video-Conference to which he or she may be invited.
6) By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Kiva and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever.
7) Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any promotional credit provided, or the determination of qualifying credit recipients shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of court action, exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8) All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these terms and conditions, shall take place in San Francisco, California.
KIVA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE PROMOTION OR CHANGE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE PROMOTION AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION AND PROCESS OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND APPLICABLE LAWS. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE AND AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.